33rd Meeting of the DPG working group Herbology
The 33rd working group meeting, originally scheduled for February 2021 is postponed to February 2022 and will be part of the 30th German Conference on Weed Biology and Weed Control, February 22-24, 2022 (scheduled as an online-meeting).
- Biology and ecology of weeds, integrated weed control, and related topics
- Scientific information exchange about all topics related to herbology
- Building networks not only with herbologists, but with colleagues of adjacent disciplines as well (like ecologists, geobotanists, vegetation specialist, conservationists, etc.)
- Hosting conferences beyond working group meetings (like the German Conference on Weed Biology and Weed Control, www.unkrauttagung.de)
- Excursions and fieldtrips to deepen special knowledge
- Herbicide resistance
- “New” weed species (neophyte invasive weeds, poisonous weeds, perennial weeds, previous known weeds with re-growing relevance)
- Weed mapping (occurrence and growing of weeds)
- Cultivation systems and weed infestation / integrated weed control
- Population and dispersions-dynamics / weed-ecology
- Weed control and environment
Since 2012, the working group, together with the Julius Kühn-Institute Braunschweig and the Technische Universität Braunschweig, has been organizing and co-hosting the German Conference on Weed Biology and Weed Control ("Unkrauttagung").